In this article, we’ll give you a bit of background to the LeicestershireLive Care Professional of the Year Awards and how we’ve been involved.
As a Leicestershire based social care provider we’re always super excited when the LeicestershireLive Care Professional of the Year Awards launch their upcoming awards. It’s such an amazing opportunity for care professionals and those who use care services in the local area to name who they think deserves special recognition for their dedication.
What’s the event about?
In a nutshell…
- The LeicestershireLive Care Professional of the Year Awards reward, recognise and celebrate care professionals who help better the lives of others across Leicestershire.
- During the nomination period which lasts from 27th October 2021 -January 4 2022 local people from across Leicestershire who use care services are encouraged to submit their nominations alongside professionals who also work within the sector.
- There are 13 categories to vote in which include Best Newcomer to Care, Dementia Carer of the Year, Supporting Independence, and Palliative Care Professional of the Year.
- After the nomination closing date, three finalists will be shortlisted within each category by an esteemed judging panel that consists of sponsor representatives and care service users.
- The winners will then be announced at the virtual awards, which take place on Thursday, February 10, 2022.
Playing our part and why it’s important to us
Since 2019 we’ve been delighted to sponsor the Lifetime Achievement Award and will be doing the same in 2022.
It’s amazing to be associated with a local event that recognises the great work the staff in our sector do. With such a varied range of categories, it also brings everyone in the care profession together; from those who have just started their careers to those who have a wealth of experience.
We love supporting an event that gives social care in Leicestershire the chance to be in the spotlight. With so many people involved it’s amazing to think of the true impact each individual nominee has made.
Whether face to face or virtual the awards are a fantastic way to celebrate the professionalism, dedication and skill it takes to work in the care sector.
Our own staff have been nominated by families in previous years and we were thrilled to see two of our employees recognised as runners up in their categories back in 2019. As you can imagine they were thrilled to be shortlisted and it gave them a terrific boost.
You can hear what it means to last year’s winner Ayanthi Gamage, of Langdale View Residential and Nursing Care Home who won the Dementia Care Professional of the Year category by reading this article.